Jeff and I are so lucky to have friends like Matt and Becca Maxfield! They are constantly sharing with us and just give and give! This weekend, after Jeff spent hours designing a beautiful DVD cabinet down to the very last detail, he finally got to build it. Becca's dad was kind enough to let us come to their house and use his workshop. For the most part Jeff and Matt did all the work while Becca and I read books, watched movies and went and got dinner for everyone. They worked nonstop for about 9 hours! And they did a really beautiful job. Now it's my job to finish it up. I puttied yesterday and now I have to sand it down and stain it. We saved a lot of money by making the cabinet ourselves and it's much cooler since we made it. It will hold over 300 DVDs! We're planning on making another one eventually to hold our collection of well over 500 DVDs!
Jeff and Matt wore matching shirts and shorts completely by accident! It was hilarious! Even Becca and I were both wearing pink shirts with white undershirts!
I'm amazed that they started with a bunch of big, long planks of wood like this and ended up with the gorgeous finished product that they did!
Jeff hard at work, breathing in clouds of dust for 9 hours straight. Poor Matt has allergies and was very sniffly.
Look! I helped! I glued a few pieces together and sanded a little bit.
Very precise measurements
They even let me try this machine and the saw
My handsome husband covered in sawdust
The massive pile of sawdust
They used a HUGE vacuum to clean up the garage...
And themselves!
Our beautiful new DVD cabinet
5 comments:
That is a very good thing for you guys to build - your DVD collection is legendary. P.S. There is nothing sexier than a man covered in sawdust, because that means he made something for you!
Yeah! That was such a fun day! And...I'm using your pictures. Thanks!
Isn't Jeff supposed to be suuuuper smart??? Where are his safety glasses? :-) Great work! The cabinet looks great!
The dvd cabinet is great. I love the twinsies too. That vacumn, however, looks like some weird robot from a bad 70's sci-fi tv show. I don't think I could sleep comfortably with that think lurking in the garage.
Wow! That is impressive.
Post a Comment