Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Latest

Once again, I've been slacking on the blog updates, but Jeff and I should finally have internet again by the end of the month so it will be much easier to post when I don't have to be on campus to do it!  Life is still fantastic though and Jeff and I have been doing our best to get in some good play time in this beautiful weather every chance we get!  He's busy with two tough classes and work so he still spends a lot of time on campus (from about 6am to 5 or 6pm), and I'm so excited when he finally comes home.  I am definitely not the type of person that enjoys too much alone time!  I get way too bored and lonely after a while!  I've managed to keep my days pretty full though cooking, cleaning, running errands, and doing my best to get in shape for our summer of exciting vacations.  I'm still working on campus every morning from 4am-8am and most days I need a nap, but that still leaves a lot of time to find things to do.  I think today I may finally tackle our bathroom, which is in serious need of a good cleaning!  I'm still looking for a second job, but nothing has shown up for a while so in the meantime, I'm enjoying the extra time to get other things done.  Jeff and I have been spending a lot of time outdoors on the weekends, enjoying the beautiful sunny weather.  If it was up to me, it would be sunny all the time!  I love getting out everyday to go for a run.  We recently discovered a really nice park called Neilson's Grove Park not even 2 miles from our house, so for the past few weekends we have ridden our bikes down there and played games.  We bought a pack of 4 outdoor games for $10 at Wal-Mart (badminton, volleyball, horseshoes, and "shuttle smash") and we usually pack a backpack with some of those along with a frisbee and a football.  Speaking of frisbee, I have had some serious issues with that game for a long long time.  I can't even count how many times I have been taught to throw a frisbee or by how many people!  After some time, I usually get it down, but then by the next time I play, I have completely forgotten again!  I throw it all over the place and I can't figure out why!  I don't know why its so hard for me to master.  Anyway, Jeff is one of the many people who has patiently re-taught me the technique several times and it definitely was no different the first time we went to the park a few weeks ago.  But after some frustration, I finally got it down - again.  And then a miracle happened.  We went out into our backyard almost a week later to see if I had retained any of my training and I could still throw a frisbee!  Jeff was so happy!  And on Saturday, when  we rode down to the park and got out the frisbee, I was still throwing like a champ!  Well, at least pretty straight.  Jeff had such a big grin on his face and when I asked him what he was smiling about, he said, "I'm so happy you can throw a frisbee!"  and he really really was. haha

I just realized that I haven't even blogged about our exciting summer yet!  Jeff and I were expecting to be working hard all summer long, but it turns out we're just partying.  We have a full month of vacations planned and we hardly have to pay for any of it!  We are SO spoiled!  In July, we are going to spend a week with my family camping on the beach in Carlsbad and I am SO SO excited!  I miss my family.  This is the first time I haven't come home for the summer so I can't wait to see them!  And I LOVE Carlsbad!  We go every year and it is something I look forward to all year long!  I can't wait to share it with Jeff this time!
We will be flying back to Salt Lake from California (courtesy of my wonderful generous parents) on a Sunday night and then getting up the next morning to drive to Colorado for a Fisher family reunion.  After the reunion, at which, we will have fun hiking and playing all
kinds of games, we will be spending a few days rafting with just Jeff's immediate family.  I can't wait for that!  I've never been rafting before and it looks so fun.  All of this time in Colorado will total about 2 weeks so yes that is 3 straight weeks of vacation in July!  Awesome!  And then, perhaps the most exciting, at the end of August, Jeff and I are going on a week long cruise to the Caribbean!!  We are both SO excited!  I have never been on a cruise or even out of the country so this is going to be amazing!  We leave from Miami (our flight to and from Miami is free courtesy of Jeff's very generous dad ) and stop in Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Mexico.  We have plans to go horseback riding on the beach in Jamaica and snorkeling in the Cayman Islands.  I'm getting so excited all over again just thinking about it! (This is a daily occurrence).  The last day of the cruise will be Jeff's and my one year anniversary.  What a great way to
 celebrate! 

So as you can see, we have a fabulous summer ahead and thanks to very generous, loving parents, we only have to pay for the cruise itself, and we got a GREAT deal!  So life is great and married life is still so wonderful with this perfect husband of mine. :)


Look, I'm playing frisbee!!  Don't worry, we don't stay that close together, but since we took this picture ourselves with the camera timer, we had to be sure we were in the shot.


We somehow managed to get the ball stuck in the racket

A couple of Sundays ago, I was determined to finish a cross stitch I had been working on for a while in the morning before church.  Jeff was bored so he got out the lincoln logs and plastic cowboys and indians and set them all up just to shoot them down with his blow gun. 

First, he shot all the guys down, then he went for the cabin itself.

The destruction

It was so funny to listen to him trash talking the cowboys and indians

The cross stitch is now framed in our bathroom

Last week Jeff got an exciting surprise invite to go wake boarding with his friend Matt and Matt's friend (the one who owns the boat).  He dropped what he was doing and went out for a few hours and had a great time even though the water was freezing!   Jeff loves to dream of having his own boat one day and even frequently checks them out on Craigslist and KSL.  We just found out that Dr. Blotter (the man Jeff works for doing research at school) got a big grant and has decided to use some of it to pay for all of Jeff's grad school tuition (he starts this summer)!  Jeff thinks we should use the money we're saving to buy a boat.  Too bad we've got plenty of other expenses that we can use it for so he may have to wait a few more years.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Glad to hear you're all still alive over there, you are so busy we never see you! Don't forget to get your passports for your cruise and have a wonderful time!!!

jeanine said...

The lincoln log thing cracked me up! I could totally see any Fisher boy doing the same thing... including my dad and the uncles!

chandra said...

MAN! I am so jealous of your fun vacations coming up. Can't wait to see all the fun pictures you will be posting too! :-) Also just thought I'd tell you that it is ok if you have a hard time with frizbee. I for one would much rather throw a football. I think it hurts catching a frizbee, such a stupid toy!!!!

Heidi said...

Love the update! The pictures are great. They make me miss you though...
Jeff looks like quite the pro on the wake board, very impressive Mr. Poppins :) As you know, I have passed on my frisbee handicap to you and am glad to see you making some progress at overcoming it. I can't wait to see you guys in June and so so excited too for Carlsbad!!
Love,

Mom

Katie Lane said...

yay you are still alive! Exciting summer plans, I'm most excited about Carlsbad. It's going to be so so fun! But you guys will have fun in the Carribean.