November 22, 2012
Thanksgiving this year started out really great ... but it went downhill real fast.
Jeff played in the Turkey Bowl in the morning with some of the men and boys from our church. There were some seriously talented little boys out there! And as always, I loved watching my man's athleticism on display. Luke mostly just loved playing on the playground next to the field and collecting acorns on the sideline. It was fun overhearing other players and our bishop talking to others about how Jeff can jump! I forgot my camera, so no pictures of that, but it was fun! In fact, it was the best part of the day ...
I was put in charge of rolls and dessert for Thanksgiving dinner again this year. Yep, I get off pretty easy. Especially considering I only have to bring some of the dessert since Cheryl (Greg's sister) always brings a few pies!
Jeff played in the Turkey Bowl in the morning with some of the men and boys from our church. There were some seriously talented little boys out there! And as always, I loved watching my man's athleticism on display. Luke mostly just loved playing on the playground next to the field and collecting acorns on the sideline. It was fun overhearing other players and our bishop talking to others about how Jeff can jump! I forgot my camera, so no pictures of that, but it was fun! In fact, it was the best part of the day ...
I was put in charge of rolls and dessert for Thanksgiving dinner again this year. Yep, I get off pretty easy. Especially considering I only have to bring some of the dessert since Cheryl (Greg's sister) always brings a few pies!
While I was making the rolls, I cracked an egg with TWO yolks in it! They were attached to each other and everything! I've never seen anything like that! It was simultaneously amazing and sad, since now I was picturing two adorable little twin chicks that could have been born from that egg!
Ben and Caitlin have the biggest open space at their house, so we have had Thanksgiving dinner there for the past two years.
Jeff and Luke having races before dinner.
So fast you can barely see him!
A pretty terrible picture of a delicious half-eaten Thanksgiving dinner.
Notice Luke's costume change. Yeah, this picture was taken soon after Luke threw up on the floor mid-dinner, right in the middle of the three tables. It was just as awesome as it sounds. We thought it was just because Luke had just drank a whole bunch of water and a cough attack triggered it, but when he threw up unprovoked right after we got home that night, we knew it was more than that. Joy.
Anyway, back to Thanksgiving dinner for a minute. (Luke made it a couple more hours acting relatively normal and happy before Jeff and I decided he seemed like he wasn't feeling too well and we'd better take him home).
Pies! The three ice cream pies on the right are the ones I brought.
Funny story .. they were supposed to be frozen yogurt pies, like the ones my mom makes. So easy and SOOO delicious! But apparently all of the frozen yogurt places in our area are closed on Thanksgiving (my mom gets the yogurt from Golden Spoon right before Thanksgiving dinner so it doesn't have to be put in the freezer - messes with the texture). No biggie, Jeff just picked up some light Blue Bell ice cream, which we softened and used instead. But Ben (Jeff's brother) loves to give me a hard time, so I was sure he would make fun of me for not knowing all of the frozen yogurt places would be closed. Instead, he said, "I'm just surprised they didn't call you to make sure it was okay to close [mimes picking up a phone] 'Um, we haven't seen you yet today. Are you coming in? Or can we close, or...?' " Bahahaha! I had to give that one to him. (I'm known for being kind of a frozen yogurt fanatic in the Fisher family).
Can you guess which pie I made and which one Jeff made? I do have to admit that he got two pies done in the time that I made one and this is the slightly uglier of the two he made.
And a few more pics of us hanging out and chatting after dinner ...
No comments:
Post a Comment