Tonight, Jeff and I had a fun date with a Chinese theme.
We ate dinner on our living room floor while classical Chinese folk music played in the background.
This is Jeff's place setting. I wrote his name in Chinese on the little place card on top of the box and left him a little love note, written in Chinese characters that look similar to letters from the English alphabet. It took him a second, but he was able to read it.
Here's a closer look. Try reading it.
(It says, "Wonderful husband, I love you")
Here is my place and that's my name in Chinese. Well, technically it's "Kiera" in Chinese. For some reason the online translation site that literally had thousands of names in it's database did not have "Kira."
Here's the set up after I added the food (orange chicken, fried rice, and grapes) and the cheat forks. Jeff and I didn't last long using the chopsticks.
After dinner we opened our boxes to reveal paper fortune cookies. None of the stores we went to sold fortune cookies so I had to make them myself (out of paper), but it worked out because then I got to add my own fortunes.
Jeff's fortune
My fortune
After dinner, it was time for the Chopstick Challenge. We each had a bowl filled with eight small items and we raced to be the first one to transfer all eight items into a second bowl using chopsticks. I won!
Both of our bowls looked exactly like this. Jeff struggled with that blue gumball, but I got it on the first try like a champ, which is why I took home the big W.
Jeff with his game face on.
Sweet victory!
Next, we played Chinese checkers. Jeff destroyed me. That guy knows how to strategize.
We finished the night with a movie. This was our selection. We chose Shanghai Noon. And in keeping with his customary behavior, Jeff was out like a light before the end.
6 comments:
That sounds so fun! The whole date is really cute. :)
Love it! I need to borrow some of these ideas they are oh so fun... Hope you're doing well. We're thinking of making a trip to Flagstaff in May we'll have to get together and have dinner or something. More details to come. I want to make sure it's the school i really want to go to :)
In ya face Mr. Athlete! Kira, you always did have you some mad small-motor skills :)
I love the cheat forks! You guys are too cute!
hahaha I ALWAYS fall asleep before the movie is over!
Post a Comment