Monday, April 26, 2010

29 Weeks

I was 29 weeks along as of last Monday (the 19th). This is the picture we took that morning.



On Tuesday night the week before, Jeff got a brand new bike. He has completely worn his old one out. It shifts on its own and not when he wants it to and the brakes barely work. He was so excited to get this beautiful new bike from Wal-Mart. Of course he did plenty of research and this mountain bike got plenty of great reviews. Apparently this $300 bike can keep up with $1000 mountain bikes. He has really enjoyed it. And he recently won $400 by submitting the plans for his presentation at an upcoming acoustics conference in Baltimore, which paid for the bike with plenty to spare. Is there anything that guy can’t do??



The next day, Jeff and I headed over to the Higley’s for a little get together. Everyone has started to make plans to go their separate ways so we wanted to get everyone together at least one more time. Almost everyone made it: the Maxfields, Jefro (unfortunately, Brenda had to work), Adam, Sarah, and the Johnstons came with 2-month-old little Thomas. We ate yummy food, played Rock Band, and just enjoyed each other’s company. It was so great to see everyone!


The following day (Thursday), I took Jeff to the airport so he could catch a flight to Denver, CO for an interview with a food company that is planning to build more factories and is in need of some project managers and other new employees. The interview went well and Jeff will likely get an offer, but the job is not ideal for several reasons. We’re still hoping for the job with Gore in Arizona to work out, but in case it doesn’t, it’s good to have back-ups.


When I got home from dropping Jeff off at the airport on Thursday, I got to spend some time with my friend Natalia. We used to work together and she recently moved back to Provo from Salt Lake to start classes at BYU. She gave me an adorable little dinosaur outfit for the baby along with some fun foot rattles that I’m sure he’ll love! We walked to Yozone for some frozen yogurt and caught up on each other’s lives. It was so fun seeing her again! And when we got back to her apartment, it was time for the barbeque for the entire apartment complex. It was clear I wasn’t a Glenwood resident considering it's a place for single people and I have a big pregnant belly and a wedding ring. But they gave me some food anyway and I got to meet some of Natalia’s fun friends and roommates and reminisce about the days when Jeff and I lived at Glenwood (where we met).


Jeff came home from Colorado on Friday night, the first day of finals. I took two of my four finals that day. Jeff and I (especially Jeff) had both had an exceptionally busy couple of weeks full of projects, presentations, papers, and exams and it was finally coming to an end. We each took another final on Saturday. And that morning, Brooke, Ben, Doug, and Tricia held a garage sale out in front of the apartment. Brooke generously gave me a ton of cute maternity clothes, a few baby blankets and two stuffed Winnie the Poohs for free before the sale. She's awesome! The sale was pretty successful for everyone. Jeff and I even put a caramel apple dipper and a Broncos DVD (we bought it for my dad a long time ago, but he already had it) out there and made $4, which we spent on two Orange Dream Icees and a Red Box movie later that day.


Sunday after church, Jeff and I drove out to Grandma and Grandpa Summer’s house in Willard (Jeff’s mom’s parents) to visit them and Renita, who was in town for her birthday weekend. Even though it was Renita’s birthday the day before, when Jeff and I arrived, we were the ones who got a bunch of exciting gifts! Caitlin sent up an adorable monkey blanket that she made for the baby and Renita made a beautiful picture collage at an Enrichment Night activity. Grandma and Grandpa Summers had what sounds like an adorable little hand-knitted sweater, hat, and booties for the baby, but they are in their motor home, which has been stranded in St. George for repairs for a long time. We’ll have to get them later, but they did send us home with some incredibly delicious homemade jam and canned peaches.



Renita’s sister Ila and her family joined use and we had a wonderful home cooked dinner. Afterward, we played a fun name game and then sat and visited for a while before heading back home. Jeff has the best grandparents. I love when we get to visit them and Renita is wonderful too. I’m so lucky to have married into such an awesome family.


I took my last final on Monday and Jeff prepared for his presentation at the acoustics conference in Baltimore, which he would be leaving for the next morning at the same time that I was flying out to California for a visit.

4 comments:

Domanique said...

OH YOU LOOK SO CUTE! And I hope you do come to AZ too!

Heidi said...

ONLY 70 DAYS!!! I love that cute monkey quilt that Caitlin made you. She is so nice :) And it was good to see a closer-up picture of that great collage Renita made. Such creative talent in that Fisher clan!

Matt M. said...

Nice new wheels! That sure beats your old one.

Cindy said...

I found your blog link through Live, love, Law, Food and I enjoyed reading your posts. I am 16 weeks and I am so jealous of how small you are.