Sunday, March 9, 2014

August 2013

[Once again, I have been keeping Facebook updated for all of our family members who are interested in what is going on in our lives since the twins were born, so everything in italics is copied directly from Facebook, including some favorite comments from friends and family ... ]

August 01, 2013

 Love this baby girl! She really is so very sweet!



Grandpa Lamb and Jade
Billie Showalter Ricks one for each of the grandparents this time. So sweet!
August 02, 2013

Color Me Mine today! We made a plate with Luke's hand prints and foot prints when he was a month old and today we did the same thing with the twins!


Jade's foot is smaller than Jeff's thumb!

Jade really wanted to make a fist! Blake's hands were a little easier, but they both did great! Not nearly as hard as you might expect!


Blake's plate. Jeff and I are going back to add the details for date night tonight. Stay tuned to understand the reason behind the colors and configuration.



Jade's plate. Luke's hand looks HUGE! Stay tuned for the final product on this one too!



Now we just have to wait for them to be fired:)
 Katarina Herrera I adore it!
 Heather Olson Wow that is really adorable!!!
 Kari Joyner This is soooooooo adorable
 Isabel Rodriguez Okay these are seriously the cutest and such a good idea!

Katarina Herrera Love love love!
We even got to finish our date with Froyo! How many people with newborn twins get to get out of the house this long?? My parents are awesome!

Dottie Musso So pretty
Kathy Gearhart Blattman Sweet babies! :))))
Janet M Carroll Oh Kira! What lovely work you do. I love yours and Jeff's creativity.
Jackie Pinkowitz How are these little ones already making crafts!!?? You're starting them young! Kira, this is lovely and I can't wait to come see you all.
August 03, 2013

Look out Luke!

Power slides!
 Wendy Holmes Dude, didn't you just have a csection like a week ago??? 

These two drew a LOT of attention on their first dinner out!

Janet M Carroll Luke looks like he is in Heaven beside his Gramma.
Janet M Carroll Kira, you and Jeff look sooooo happy.....not frazzled at all!

Crazy boy wanted to slip n' slide again. He couldn't even be deterred by the pouring rain!

August 04, 2013

Late night feedings: admittedly not my favorite part of new parenthood, but I can't help but love it a little. Look at those faces! Blake is a little neck nuzzler just like his brother was!
Caitlin Fisher <3 comment-3--="">

 Debi Carroll Kaline You look SO HAPPY Kira, being a Mommy again!
 Kira Fisher I am, Debi Carroll Kaline! I still just can't believe that I actually get to keep these two! I am very very blessed!
Lisa Roylance I still can't believe you have twins!
August 05, 2013

Grandma Lamb soaking in the babies on the last day of her month long visit!


Blake's feet are so much bigger than Jade's!

Luke loves Grandpa Lamb. They played together a LOT during Grandpa's week long visit!

August 06, 2013


Totally candid shot of Luke loving on his little bro.

Kisses for baby Jade. Once again, Luke just acts like this with them all the time. This isn't posed. Such a sweet big brother!
 Patti McInerney sweet boy.

Verna Neilson Shaw So sweet.
My first day alone with all 3 kiddos, so we packed up the double stroller and headed for the splash pad!
 Heidi Carroll Lamb Impressive!

Cute babies at the splash pad
 Brenda Danner Oswell You are so brave and impressive! Alone with the babies and you go out. You are my new hero! :)
 Kira Fisher Haha thanks, Brenda! It's only a 10 minute walk from our house, so we were still pretty close to home :)



August 07, 2013
The first day of Jeff's two-week long paternal leave.

August 08, 2013

Patti McInerney oh my.. the cuteness!
Heidi Carroll Lamb You can see the family resemblance in this one! They are so cute!
Luke is getting really confident without his floaty!
Patti McInerney Brave little man.

This weirdo squirrel totally cracked us up as we were leaving the pool!



Valerie Lopez Dimples!



Shannon Roundy Darling little babies!!
Janet M Carroll Luke is so brave and clever! The babes look so peaceful. I love you all.
Debi Carroll Kaline Jade looks like you, Kira! 
Little Blake, who is only 5 weeks old (38 weeks gestation), just sucked down a full 6oz of milk in one feeding! This little guy can put it away!

August 09, 2013

 
Luke 1 month old

Blake 1 month old
 Valerie Lopez Yup. Definitely siblings.

Jade 1 month old


Valerie Lopez Best smile ever.
Brooke Sommers-Hunter Oh! This is just precious!

Valerie Lopez Is that a preemie onesie?
Kira Fisher haha yep. It's too small now, but it matches her bow I didn't have a picture of her in it yet, so we just pretended it still fits one last time.
Valerie Lopez That's a good thing it's too small. 
Melissa Mitchell Shelley Aww! A mini Kira!!
Jackie Pinkowitz She's making a Kira face!!





Linda Blake Scott Harrison Good morning! What a sweet face to see!
Heidi Carroll Lamb They look so great! I love them!


Shelley Ricks Thomas I see Patrick Lamb in Jade!

We got the babies' plates back from Color Me Mine today and I had a lot of fun dressing both babies in the same onesie Luke wore in the picture of him at 1 month old with his plate and putting them on the same bedspread for pictures! They definitely look like siblings! (check out the pictures I just posted to see for yourself!)
     Janet M Carroll Looking in Jade's face as she is smiling, i saw you, my Kira
     Chandra Lamb Christiansen They do look very much like Luke! Love how Jade is so tiny in the onesie. Those babies sure are cute!


August 10, 2013


My fabulous neighbor, Valerie meeting Jade for the first time.

Jeff built this little "treasure chest" for Luke. It was totally spontaneous and only took him a few minutes, using materials we already had in the house.

Luke thought it was so cool that he could fit inside it!


August 11, 2013

My 5.5 week old preemie just ROLLED OVER! Blake is a crazy boy and apparently, he really doesn't like tummy time!
These cute girls (especially Bethany) were so excited finally hold their new cousins!


Bethany and Jade


Becca and Blake


This baby girl is so relaxed and trusting no matter who is holding her!


Ben finally got to meet his niece and nephew!

Fun Grandma Fisher!


And fun Grandpa Fisher!


Checking to see who's taller: Bethany or Luke? They always seem to be right about the same height.

Somersault!

August 12, 2013


Jade looking adorable before her photo shoot today.

Streeetch!

The babies had a photo shoot today, and Caitlin was incredible at keeping the babies calm and happy behind the scenes!
Patti McInerney Caitlin's "smiley, I'm holding a wee baby ,eyes"


Chandra Lamb Christiansen Awwwww :)



Ashley Lamb O M G! too cute!
Tina Chitwood Porter She looks like a doll :)


Dottie Musso That is too precious!
Rosie Takahashi Lawton So precious!









Janet M Carroll He is really looking at you.
Brooke Sommers-Hunter Kira you and your family are so beautiful. I live seeing all of these pictures!
 Debi Carroll Kaline You look like such a happy Momma, Kira! I'm so happy for you!






Debi Carroll Kaline Beautiful Kira!
Debbie Kern Hansen So cute! Love it Kira!






Caitlin Fisher I love this one! Jade looks so happy to be cuddling with her big brother.




Jennifer Courreges Oh my gosh! What an awesome picture!
Jocelyn Smith Thomas Luke and his minions. :)
Tammy Johnson Harlan So sweet! Love this picture and hope you are all getting enough sleep : )

 


Toni DiPadova Sooooooo flippn adorable!! Great pic!!
Janet M Carroll He's awake and she is asleep, so comfortable with each other. I imagine that they always will be close.

Linda Voiers DiPadova I see those gorgeous babies and I see a very busy, happy sleepy Mother! It seems Luke is taking all this in stride....Love you all...miss you
Heidi Carroll Lamb I LOVE these!! Beautiful!
August 13, 2013

The babies had a visitor today! Alexandra came over and taught me how to make bow and flower head bands for Jade. She's the best!
Jennifer Courreges Jealous! We should have a baby play date and bow making party! I call dibs on the twins!!
Heidi Carroll Lamb Oh my goodness! That purple flower headband is to die for!! So cute!

I guess it wasn't a fluke! Guess who just rolled over AGAIN! Looks like Jade is trying not to be left behind! (ha! I just turned around and apparently, she decided to give up and take a nap).
 Katie Kimball Frost You know your going to need to put a stop to this growing up stuff pretty quickly Kira or before you know it he'll/they'll be packing their bags to go away to college! 
 Heidi Carroll Lamb Happens to me all the time (the giving up and taking a nap thing). 
Penny Linford I had a dream I saw your twins at Walmart! They sure are cute!

This cute big brother begged me to let him give the babies baths tonight :) Blake first ...

Then Jade.
Heidi Carroll Lamb These are so sweet Kira. He is such a good, gentle big brother.
 Kira Fisher Yep, he is. I love it
August 14, 2013


Luke bruised his little bottom on the corner of our bed frame. Our first thought to get Luke to stop crying was to ice it, and the mini freezer full of frozen breast milk bags was conveniently right there in the room. Jeff and I couldn't stop laughing at this sight! Luke didn't understand what was so funny.


 August 16, 2013

I don't remember if this was a train or a car, but Luke made sure to load every stuffed animal he owned onto it for the ride!

August 17, 2013

Splash pad time!






Luke is doing so great with his swimming! And he can hold his breath forever!
 Heidi Carroll Lamb Wow!! Good job Luke!



"Throw me so I can hit the flags, Dad!" They did this over and over and over!
Debi Carroll Kaline Wow! What a strong Daddy!
Sweet baby girl snoozing poolside.

Heidi Carroll Lamb She's so precious!
Debi Carroll Kaline She's so beautiful!



Story time just before nap time for EVERYONE in our house!
Heidi Carroll Lamb This is a good room to do it in :)
Although, Luke would probably love everyone to snuggle into his bed for story time too!

Kira Fisher haha he would love that!

August 18, 2013

The twins' first time to church.

Blake's first time going to church wore him out!
Janet M Carroll He is so strong and healthy. And beautiful.
 Jade is technically still too small for this carrier, so we used a blanket to help her out. She snoozed away while I did the dishes and made granola bars.
Heidi Carroll Lamb Kira, you are a mama-studette! I think you're awesome!

Playing games on the iPad (or was it a Tablet?)

This girl is such a little ham!

Janet M Carroll Imagine you were pretty tired after church yourself. Jade looks great in the carrier, she must not know she is too small for it. Kira, i am so proud of you. I love you.
 
August 19, 2013

Library today :)
How cute are these gifts from Chris and Diane?! Such a sweet and thoughtful surprise!

Haha these faces crack me up! Apparently Blake and Jade find that shocking!

Poor Jade. This is why she gets nervous any time someone puts her too close to Blake.

Tummy time with Blake. Thus far, this little man has rolled over every time he's had tummy time! With the exception of the one time he decided to do the opposite and go right to sleep instead!
Jade just chills, while Blake works SO hard to put an end to this whole tummy time thing!

Getting there...

Closer...

Success! (Check out those chubby cheeks!)


Isabel Rodriguez wow they really do look like twins in this picture. same pose and everything!
Today, we found Blake's new favorite place to sleep. This little chunker didn't even want to wake up to eat!
August 20, 2013


Homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast on the last day before Daddy goes back to work!
Heidi Carroll Lamb Yummy! I miss your fabulous baking!
Luke wanted to try out the baby carrier with Blake. How hilarious would it be if we let him go out in public like this??


Sweet cozy baby girl

August 21, 2013

Cup phone! It's so fun to introduce Luke to things I loved as a kid!


Luke asked to hold Jade. While he was holding her, she kept dropping her binkie and he patiently put it back in her mouth over and over again. Then he insisted on sharing his stuffed animals with her. And when she let out a little cry, he looked kind of panicked and looked around frantically saying, "She needs her binkie!" I helped him find it and then offered to take her because she had cried and she was still looking a little disgruntled, but Luke said, "No I'll take care of her." After he was done holding Jade, he asked to hold Blake, insisting on running to his room first to pick out a new stuffed animal for him. He is just the sweetest big brother!
Debi Carroll Kaline How sweet!!
Heidi Carroll Lamb Oh, how I love that wonderful little boy!
Triplets? Luke got out my old baby doll so he could take care of her (feed and change her) while I did the same with Blake and Jade.


Changing his baby's diaper



Daddy's home!

K.C. Burns (Penny) too cute!!! you are amazing

August 22, 2013


I could tell by the looks on their faces that some of the people driving by totally thought this was a real baby! I'm surprised no one called CPS!
Heidi Carroll Lamb That doll has been turning heads for decades! ha ha!
Alexandra and all her children at the Splash Pad (someone approached her to say, "You've got your hands full!") The doll freaked everyone out there too!
I took these two over to my awesome friend Jennifer's house to weigh them on her baby scale a couple of days ago, and at exactly 7 weeks old (40 weeks gestation), Jade (wearing a clean diaper and a onesie) weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and Blake (also wearing a clean diaper and a onesie) weighed 9 lbs 4 oz!



 August 23, 2013


Taking silly pictures. Luke didn't get the "silly" memo.








For whatever reason, pictures of Luke raising his hand and pictures of Luke's totally emotionless face are the most common ones in our webcam photo gallery. So funny!

August 25, 2013 

Jade all snuggly and ready for bed after her bath last night.
August 26, 2013

Morning nap

Hanging out at Caitlin's today.
Jena Wells Fawcett Love it! Just like a pro!




Tummy time with big brother.
But this kid just won't stay on his tummy!

Almost 8 weeks old and he's still rolling over every time we put him on his belly. This was the 4th time in a row that he did it tonight!
Heidi Carroll Lamb He totally looks like he's doing knuckle push ups!


Luke took this picture.



Love this baby girl


 


It was a long process, but Shelly finally got the awesome Slash shirt I sent her. And she took this amazing picture to let me know she got it. Love her!

August  27, 2013

[FB]: Happy birthday, Jared!! I hope you have a spectacular day today! Luke says, "I want to go to his birthday today!" and for a present he wants to give you "a truck ... and put some wings on it so it's a flying truck." haha

Luke read Blake stories while I took a shower this morning :)
Janet M Carroll What a sweet boy! So kind. He even shows Blake the pictures.
Valerie brought us some insanely tasty blueberry muffins! Seriously SO good! Thank you, Valerie!
  
And not pictured, the two fabulous meals Elizabeth has brought us in the past week or so. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing cook for my visiting teacher! Thanks so much Elizabeth! 

  I have the greatest friends!

What'd I tell you ...
Serious face.

Hand raised.
Gotta love this cute, silly boy.

Dottie Musso Kira, you look a little tired!
Kira Fisher I definitely was in this picture! Snuggly babies make me sleepy even when I've gotten enough sleep!
Janet M Carroll What a great picture. You may be tired but you look very contented.
August 28, 2013

Grandma Fisher with the twins.

Play-doh with Grandma Fisher

Grandma gave Luke a super soft sheet to take home. He was really excited about it.

These cute girls came over with their mom to visit the babies and bring us an AMAZING dinner!
Rosie Takahashi Lawton Kira, it was such a treat for the girls to see your kids! Thanks for letting them hold the babies!
SO much delicious food! Thank you so much, Rosie!!
August 29, 2013




Katarina Herrera Stop!! This is so cute!!! They are looking so much older already!




Ashley Lamb Looking forward to meeting them soon!!

Amy Pincock So cute!

Janet M Carroll Such loving children from a loving mom.

Today marks 5 years married to my incredible husband! We thought about everything that has happened in 5 short years while we sat at dinner tonight (we're looking forward to going out alone this weekend to celebrate, since tonight wasn't exactly romantic surrounded and separated by the kiddos!) ...

5 Years
3 Kids
1 Pet
3 States (lived in)
3 Homes (rented 2 apartments, bought 1 house)
3 Degrees (a bachelors for me and a bachelors and masters for Jeff)
4 Jobs (Me 1, Jeff 3)
11 Church Callings
3 Cars
1 Boat
3 Cruises
9 States (Traveled to)
9 Countries (Traveled to)

It's been a wonderful 5 years and I feel so lucky to have had this guy by my side all along! He is so good to me and no one could make me happier! Can't wait to see what the next 5 years bring!
 
Janet M Carroll Kira, you make really good choices. I am proud of you. Happy Anniversary.
Sabrina Sweetwood Lawton Happy anniversary!!!! Wow that's quite the list! Can't wait to see what the next 5 years has in store for you;)
Linda Blake Scott Harrison Happy anniversary beautiful girl!

Brenda Danner Oswell Happy Anniversary! And I hear ya, A lot can happen in 5 years!
Jennifer Courreges Happy Anniversary! What an awesome way to reflect on the past 5 years!

Lindsey Monson Harmer Happy anniversary! I didn't realize we got married so close together!
Andrea Weaver Wow! That is a busy 5 years. Sounds like it has been wonderful!


My anniversary night dinner. Yum.

August 30, 2013


Luke and I made a wrecking ball this morning and went to town on all the boxes we could find!


Thanks for these awesome and very accurate onesies, Patrick and Ashley!! hahaha These two don't appreciate having to wait for milk to warm up!

Jade won this round and Blake wasn't happy about it! (Jeff was just a few seconds behind getting Blake's bottle ready).






hahaha! Blake's face in this one cracks me up!

Janet M Carroll Mr. Luke is so coordinated. Good how you provide fun for him. And the babies are so precious. Love their photos. The food looks good too.

Dannielle DiPadova Dilger cute onesies

Heidi Carroll Lamb They are so cute! I can't wait to hold them!

5th Anniversary Date at Cosmic Jump! We schooled some Jr. High kids in dodge ball, Jeff made a few slam dunks, which were only overshadowed by my amazing backwards shots, and Jeff beat me in the obstacle course, despite my best efforts to cheat ;)

Froyo on the way home! Deeelicious!
 Sharla Davis Nice solesbee shirt ;) I still wish I had mine.
 Kira Fisher haha It's the best! I've had mine for a a good 8 or 9 years!

Caitlin pulling double duty with the twins. It was our first night back on our weekly date night babysitting exchanges.

August 31, 2013

All the kids were over at our house tonight. Bethany read the kids a story.


I had a nice long snuggle with my sleepy babies while Jeff played with all the other kiddos on the Slip N' Slide out back.



















Heidi Carroll Lamb I think they finally conquered him! These are such cute pics!

Belinda Voiers your family is so sweet
I thought we had a handle on this twins thing. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and the twins slept better than I thought they would (eating about every 4 hours night and day, sometimes 5 at night)! Things were under control and we were sleep deprived, but not zombies. And then, for two nights in a row this week, we got NO SLEEP! Even Luke decided to join the effort to kill mom and dad via extreme sleep deprivation! Thankfully, for the last two nights, the twins have gone back to every 4 hours, and Luke has slept normally too. Yay! I REALLY hope it continues this way because we were headed for zombie mode FAST! (This is poor sleepy Jeff falling asleep feeding Blake in the middle of those two sleepless nights).

No comments: