Friday, July 1, 2011

Thanks for Sharing

A quick funny story ...

Tonight, I was lying on my back on the living room floor when Luke brought me a little bag of pretzels from his diaper bag. He obviously wanted me to open it for him so I gave him a few. He ate them and asked for more. He picked up the first pretzel and then paused, looked at me for a second, and suddenly lunged forward shoving the pretzel into my mouth. He then proceeded to feed me the rest of the pretzels I had given him one at a time, prying open my mouth between each one to see if my mouth was empty and ready for the next one. He seemed very pleased with himself and I just laughed at his cute antics and played along. I vaguely noticed him looking around the floor for a few seconds in between pretzels, but then he turned to me and confidently thrust the next pretzel into my mouth as I laughed. Wait a second, that's not a pretzel. Luke had run out of pretzels and had found a stray day-old piece of Honey Comb cereal to use as a substitute. He giggled at my surprised and disgusted reaction and started looking around for another one to feed me.

This kid is constantly making me laugh and I can only imagine how much funnier he will get when he starts to talk. I love his little sense of humor. He really is such a joy to have around ... most of the time. ;)

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Holy cow, that is a really cute and funny story. Definitely brought a smile to my face. :D