Here are a few pictures of what Jeff and I have been up to during our first few months of marriage.
Jeff and I carved pumpkins for halloween this year. It's been a looong time since I've done that! It turns out Jeff is a master pumpkin carver! Check out the TINY little teeth on his pirate! We didn't get a single trick-or-treater since we're in the basement, but of course we were prepared with two big bowls of candy. After sneaking a few pieces into Jeff's lunch from time to time and pawning some off on Doug when he came to visit, we are finally down to our last few packs of sweet tarts (always the last to go)!
Jeff's Pirate
My Batman
Jeff and I love to go to Jump On It and just wear ourselves out jumping on trampolines for an hour. As you can see, we were very excited to be there!

In late September, Jeff and I bravely hiked Mt. Timpanogos. The trees were absolutely beautiful!

Getting close to the top! By now Jeff was getting sick of hiking: "I'll try to look happy." Not a bad actor!

We made it! It was BEAUTIFUL and COLD up there!

The view from the top

We decided to hike down the "glacier way." BAD decision! We were exhausted and out of food, we had to slide down freezing ice with no gloves and then climb over an endless pile of boulders AND this forced us to backtrack a whole hour!

We finally made it to the bottom! So proud of ourselves! And this is what my hands looked like! They stayed like this for hours! We stopped at Golden Corral on the way home so Jeff could replenish all of the calories he lost hiking for 7 hours!
One of the first things Jeff and I bought when we moved in were hair clippers so we wouldn't have to pay for Jeff to get haircuts. Of course that meant that I would have to do it and I was a little nervous about that! I had no idea what I was doing! This is a picture of the first attempt. He had reason to be scared. I tried using the scissors on top, but that didn't go too well so from now on we're just gonna stick with the clippers.
2 comments:
That's great that you guys have a blog! We hiked Timp a couple of summers ago - it was really really hard! You are very crazy/I mean brave to slide down that glacier! Glad you survived. Love your pictures!
Looks like you guys are having so much fun together. I cut Ben's hair once... and only once. It ended up a buzz at the end. :)
Post a Comment