May 23, 2012
When temperatures started hitting the high 80's at the end of May, I was worried that a months-long biking/outdoor running dry spell was about to start. It was CRAZY hot last summer with an astounding number of days over 100 degrees and the intense heat continuing well into September. I thought Luke and I would be trapped indoors for at least a solid couple of months (with the exception of pool time), but I wanted to prolong our days of long morning bike rides and other outdoor activities as long as possible.
Just a couple of minor adjustments to the bike trailer and any temperature under 90 degrees was totally suitable to a 12 mile bike ride for ice cream and swimming! ...
Just a little shade and this boy was happy as a clam! He rarely complains, and if he does, it's never about the heat or the amount of time we've been out riding. He's a trooper - just happy to be out in the fresh air and sunshine!
And I've been SOOO happy to find that as weeks and months have passed this summer, there have been very few mornings too hot for a bike ride, especially with our trusty umbrella for shade! The poor umbrella has been through a lot in 3 months - it's a little disfigured, but it still does the trick and I'm still loving bike rides with my little partner in crime!
1 comment:
I love how Pooh is sticking his head out the front to catch a breeze!
Post a Comment