Monday, May 10, 2010

32 Weeks

I’m 32 weeks today! I can’t believe we’ll be in the hospital meeting our little guy for the first time in just 8 weeks! I drive by the hospital every day on my way to class and I love to imagine being there, holding our little boy for the first time.


I still think my pregnancy has been relatively easy, but recently, I’ve had some times where I’ve started to understand what people are talking about when they describe pregnancy as being so tough! I’ve had a harder time sleeping some nights and more discomfort in my belly, due to my super active little boy with his increasingly solid bones. I’m looking forward to getting my body back and being able to run again, but overall, I am very grateful to have had as few problems and discomforts as I have. And for the fact that I have been able to spend some time on our elliptical trainer 5 or 6 nights a week. I’ve had to slow down significantly, but I’m just so happy to be getting exercise almost every day.


We took this picture on Saturday, 2 days short of 32 weeks.

The official 32 weeks picture

I had such a wonderful Mother’s Day yesterday! It was the first time that I got to celebrate the day as a mother even though my son won’t be arriving for a little less than two months. A couple of weeks ago, Jeff informed me that he would be cooking my choice of breakfast, lunch, and dinner for me on Mother’s Day so he needed to know what I wanted. I gave him three options for each meal so he would have choices. He did such a great job! He tried to maintain an element of surprise by shopping for the meals by himself while I was at work Saturday morning.


Jeff got up early yesterday morning and made me some practically perfect waffles, scrambled eggs, and strawberries. He gave me a hard time when he noticed that strawberries were listed on every breakfast option. So what? They’re my favorite!


After church, Jeff got right to work grilling yummy hot dogs (I rarely ate hot dogs before I got pregnant, but now I like them and I found some delicious 40-calorie ones). We had hot dogs, barbecue chips (my favorite), and lemonade. Yum!



After lunch, I got to choose a movie, our traditional Sunday Disney movie. I chose Pocahontas. We snuggled up on the couch to watch it and both fell asleep right at the end and had a nice long, snuggly nap.


For dinner, Jeff made lasagna, garlic bread, and salad. He found directions for making garlic bread online and turned a loaf of French bread into some tasty thick slices of garlic bread. And notice in the pictures, that he kept up with the dishes all day and had my princess plate clean for every meal. He was so sweet all day and was so concerned with my comfort and happiness. My husband is so wonderful. Hopefully, I will be able to do an adequate job of returning the favor on Father’s day even though it will be just two weeks before my due date!


Jeff making the garlic bread

And of course, because we are talking about Mother’s Day, I have to mention my own wonderful mother. As motherhood is rapidly approaching for me, I have become even more aware of all of the many things I have to be grateful for when it comes to my relationship with my mom. She has given me such a great example of how to be a good mother. I could go on forever listing all of the wonderful attributes that she has. She is an incredible person and has taught me so much that has helped me to have a successful life up until this point and that I hope will help me to be a good mom to my kids. Her influence on me is so far reaching and I appreciate everything that she has done for me throughout my life. I love her so much!


Well, life has been relatively routine, but wonderful for Jeff and I lately. I am through my first two weeks of Spring term and although the workload is pretty hefty, I am really enjoying all of my classes so far. And I am so excited that when I am finished with these three classes 5 ½ weeks from now, I will be a college graduate! And then, the countdown to my due date will be down to 18 days! Time is going fast!


Jeff has been keeping busy with research and laying out the plan to get his thesis written and have his graduate degree by August. He works so hard! I love that guy! And I love that when he comes home around 5:00 each night, he doesn’t have any homework to do (I do, but that’s besides the point) so I get to have him all to myself. He loves his new Guitar Hero games and as I’ve gotten a little better at it, I have fun playing the occasional song with him as well. He also hooked his old laptop up to our TV so that we can watch Lost on Hulu on the bigger screen. We’ve been enjoying it, although it’s a little ridiculous at times!


Jeff playing Guitar Hero. Of course, he is already way too good at it for how little he's played it!

Last Tuesday, Jeff helped our friends, the Higley’s pack up to move to Boise. They had originally planned to pack everything up Wednesday morning and the change was so last minute, that Jeff was the only one who was able to help. He, Jared, Brynne, and Brynne’s mom spent 6 hours loading everything into the Uhaul! Jeff is such a good friend! He is always so willing to sacrifice his time and energy to help out a friend. He was sore for three days after this particular act of service! What a guy! We’re excited for the Higley’s, who will be renting a little house in Boise, where Jared will be starting a new job and they will live nice and close to Brynne’s parents, but we will miss them and their cute baby girl, Emme. We’ve been told, we will have to visit and do some white water rafting some time, though, and we both love the sound of that!


Finally, I totally forgot to include these ridiculous pictures in my last post a couple of weeks ago. When Jeff and I went to Michael’s to get that little wooden train, we found what we thought were some pretty hilarious hats and masks. Enjoy:

I was too busy laughing to make faces.



Terrifying! For some reason this reminds me of Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Great post. First, I was tearing up with the really nice mom comments-it's so nice of you to only remember the things I did right :) Then, I was laughing at the picture of Jeff as Lord Voldemort. Hilarious!