I forgot to mention in my last update post that Jeff and I were called to be Sunday school teachers for the 15 & 16 year-olds in our ward. We've been teaching them for about a month now and yesterday was the first Fast Sunday since we received the calling.
For the past year or so, I've been struggling with Fast Sundays a little bit. For some reason that I can't explain, my body just has a hard time functioning very well when I go without food for an extended period of time these days. I used to have no problem with it, but now I get pretty weak. Some Sundays are better than others and I actually seem to be improving overall lately. However, yesterday just wasn't one of my better days.
I felt pretty weak when we got to church and an hour later, when it was time to teach our lesson on Joseph Smith, I didn't feel any better. My sweet husband told me to sit down and relax while he taught the lesson. But only one of our kids showed up. She went to the older class with her friends and Jeff and I were off the hook. It wasn't until after she was gone that Jeff told me, "My head feels like it's gonna explode."
That morning, Jeff had woken up with a sore throat and since I'm recovering from a mild cold, I assumed he caught it from me, but his symptoms had gone far past mine. He had a headache and when I felt his head, I was surprised at how hot it was. He was clearly in just as poor a condition as I was, if not worse. And yet he was willing to sacrifice for his pansy wife. My sweet, sweet husband. :)
We ended up leaving right after the sacrament was passed in sacrament meeting because Jeff's head was throbbing. Poor guy. But I'm happy to report that he is doing much, much better today. Nothing but a very mild sore throat. He was even up for taking a long bike ride to the movies and Target.
4 comments:
fast sundays are tough- this past sunday i brought a snack because I was worried that I might pass out. fast sundays + chloe= blah
Awww...how can you not love that guy? Thank you for taking care of my baby Jeff :)
How cute! What a great guy!
Update your blog, ahh haa haa ha ha (imageine Aunt Debi's whiney cry here). Love,
Mom
Post a Comment